Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday morning board comparison...

While I am fortunate enough to have these two in my possession, it seemed like a good idea to take a few measurements for future reference.
Gordon & Smith "SS"  -  9'4"
nose - mid - tail - thick
19" x 23" x 15" x 3"

Hobie "Corky Carroll Model"  - 9'6"
17 1/4" x 22 1/4" x 16" x 2 7/8"

Both have pinched rails with the Corky's being a slight bit more bladed.

I've ridden the "SS" once and plan to do so again in a few hours. It gets you into waves with ease, is fast and smooth in trim and rides great from up on the nose. A little sticky in turns but I am leaning toward that being more me than the board.  I hope to feel that aspect of it out a little more as I log a few more sessions on it.

Yet to slide the Corky. If the current forecast holds true, that may change this week. I dig the rails on it and I'm eager to see how it goes.






SS rocker


Corky rocker

No comments:

Post a Comment