Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just a little on the breezy side....

After last night's crazy weather, the calls came in that the buoy was reading 10' @ 9 seconds. There was a light west wind here at the house when I left but by the time I got to the sand, it was howling. If I had to guess, I'm saying 25+ kts. The boys were already out and after only bringing my 4/3, I was figuring to be freezing my butt off in a matter of minutes. Paddle out wasn't too bad and the water was feeling pretty good. Plenty of size in the swell but the almost side shore wind was just nuts. Peaks everywhere and staying in one spot was near impossible with the wind blowing us down the the beach. Had a few fun ones and missed a few bigger ones that I just couldn't push through due to the wind. My first left was well overhead but I just couldn't keep up with it. Good exercise.... Below, two from the rocks. (click to enlarge)

ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment