Tuesday, February 23, 2010

808 area code on the caller ID...


I have always enjoyed seeing the 808 area code on an incoming call. Back when my Sis was on Oahu or my buddy was stationed in Maui. I always looked forward to hearing how things were in the islands. Now 808 is the relay point for a SAT phone from Afghanistan and everytime I see it I am overjoyed. Funny how a few numbers can get you so excited and so apprehensive all at the same time. Apprehensive, because the phone doesn't always work. Sometimes he can hear us but we can't hear him or vice versa. Regardless, today the call came through crystal clear and it was good to hear his voice. He's been off at other bases for several weeks where no phones are available. Emails are great but hearing his voice is a blessing... We miss him dearly and cannot wait till he and his mates are home safe and sound.




On a surf related note, there might be a little swell in the morning. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment