Sunday, January 5, 2014

365 Surfboards

For Christmas this year, my wife surprised me with an autographed copy of 365 Surfboards by Ben Marcus. I sort of knew something was up because of an email I came across the week before Santa was due to arrive. When I asked my wife how "she" knew Ben Marcus, she promptly yelled from the bedroom, "Get off the email!". :)  Funny stuff...  Needless to say, I was pretty stoked when I unwrapped it Christmas morning and I've been diving into it almost every day since. Its filled with high quality images and some very interesting background details on a broad spectrum of surf craft. Several board brands and models I had not heard of before reside within these pages. I was also stoked to see my friend Glenn Sakamoto (AKA: Salty) and his online magazine  Liquid Salt mentioned inside. I had the good fortune to both surf and hang out with Glenn this past October in CA. A great guy and a true gentleman in every sense.  
 If you're a surfer, or just enjoy a lot of surf sled related eye-candy, you might want to pick up a copy for yourself.
 

 
 
Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment