Another hectic week for the family. Our Nags Head vacation was cut short and we left early Wednesday a few hours before the mandatory EVAC order went into place. Then upon safely arriving home on Breakwater Road, the local officials ordered a mandatory evacuation for our entire county. After some quick reviews of the storm and the projected path and strength of it, we decided that we were going to stay put and ride the storm out in place. Stupid? I prefer to think that it is a rational decision. Were not in a the flood or surge concern area. The winds are my only true concern and since we have a basement that's where we'll hang out for the storm. Have plenty of food and water, generator is fueled (my little test run two weeks ago seems to have been a good plan), have plenty of candles, lanterns and propane for the grill. So if we do loose power, its going to be a week or so long camping adventure. The rain is already here and the breeze is stiff but not severe as yet. Irene is just into southern NC and will be here later tonight. Here's hoping that all of those folks that are in the track of Irene will weather the storm OK. Aloha!